A useful tip for newbies who started using Windows 8 and wonder about its features:
- To move a tile in Start Menu from its default location to your desired one, hover the mouse cursor on specific tile click and drag the tile and drop where you want.
- Use mouse wheel to scroll tiles from left to right (another option to Re-size any User tile or Live tile by right-clicking the tile and picking re-size.)
- In the lowest part right hand corner of the begin screen with tiles you can see an Magnifying glass, click on it to get a zoomed out perspective of Start Menu Screen. In the view, on a group of tiles if you right-click you’ll be given an option to rename the group, which could be suitable provided that you have an aggregation of identified tiles (e.g. Music). In this view, you can additionally click and drag the group of tiles from its default location.
- You can display your program in Start menu tile by simply right click on Program Icon and click on Pin to Start
- And if you want to make the tile large or small then stretch the tile from its edge to top or bottom (Larger or Smaller).