Old Android phone brands like HTC Desire, ChaCha, Hero, Magic, Wild Fire, Samsung and many others are less than 256 MB internal memory. These phones are lovely by its features but on the other hand these phones have internal memory issues. Many users of these phones access internet to solve their problem. In this tutorial I will guide you how can you incredibly increase your phone’s internal memory.
This is really painful for those who are using Android phones with least internal memory, but they want to install more applications of their choice. When your phone gets low memory warning, it starts to slow down and sometimes get hang in the middle of something. Even though if your phone has 1GB internal memory, you will notice that your phone’s internal memory will begin dropping memory scale rapidly. And because of this your phone begins perform less optimally.
To get rid of this problem, let’s begin to increase your phone’s internal memory. There are few things you need to arrange before the procedure.
- A Rooted Android Phone.
- Want help? Read this post: How to root Android device?
- A Laptop/Desktop Computer
- Data Cable
- Class 4 Memory Card (Preferably 8GB *recommended or you can use 4GB)
- Partition software (Click Here to Download)
You can partition your SD card with 4ext Recovery or any other method but using Ease US Partition Manager is safest and recommended.
- Connect your memory card with computer using card reader or directly from phone in data storage mode and Format.
- Open Ease US and right click on your SD card, select Move/Resize Partition
- A new pop up window will appear Drag slider from right to left to make unallocated free space for second partition. Now create first partition of size 512MB/1GB according to your card and requirement and press Ok.
- Now you will see unallocated space right below your primary partition, Right click on unallocated space and select “Create”.
- A message will pop up click “Yes”.
- Here specify the file system as FAT32 and create as Primary, remain cluster size default and then click Ok.
- There will be a Apply button at the top left corner of this software. Click this and sit back. Let the software done the rest, after when it is done, disconnect your SD card from Pc and insert it back in your phone.
- Now go to Google Playstore and install Link2SD application in your phone. Once the application is installed, open it. (To run this application, you must be rooted)
- Super user will ask you permission to run this app, Allow Permission.
- After first start of this app, a message will ask you to select the file system of SD card’s second partition. Select FAT32/FAT16 then click OK. After this you need to restart your mobile so that Link2Sd can mount your second partition for linking the SD card with phone’s internal memory.
- After phone is back to restart, open Link2SD again (previously if you have allowed Superuser permission correctly, it will not ask you again.) Once again select second partition as FAT32 and press Ok.
- This time a list of all applications (including system apps) will appear.
- Click menu button and then select multi Select, now choose those applications which you want to be moved in second partition of SD Card.
- Then click Ok. You are done. 🙂
Please note that do not link or move system applications to the SD card, possibly the applications will stop working correctly.