As you already know about the TeamViewer that is used to control a computer from remote location. But, why do we need to install another software if we can do the same by using Google Chrome? Yes, Google Chrome Remote Desktop Beta can also control a computer from remote location just as the TeamViewer.
Google Chrome is the most popular web browser which has numerous useful features. Additionally, we can enhance the functions and features of Google Chrome by installing extensions. Therefore, you will have to install only an application to access the process which is known as Chrome Remote Desktop BETA.
Chrome Remote Desktop BETA is a new service by Google. It works similarly to TeamViewer and allows the users to control Windows or Mac computer from another computer or any Android devices. But, this app would need to be installed on both concerned computers for sharing process. Here are complete instructions that will surely help you to access this process quite easily.
- First of all, you have to install the desktop version of Chrome Remote Desktop app from the Chrome Web Store. Add the extension to Google Chrome and then launch the application on your desktop and follow the instructions to complete the setup process as well as to use this feature. It will be about 22.6 MB large extension, but it will install very quickly.
- Here I will guide you how to add extension on Google Chrome browser? See these screenshots:
- After you installed the Chrome Remote Desktop app, you will need to grant it permission to access the computer. Click “Allow Access” button to let it connect with your computer.
- Now, if you want to share your computer with your friends, you will need to click on “Share” button. It will show you a 12 digit code; tell this code to the other person you want to share with. Then, he would need to enter this code in the same Chrome extension app to access your computer.
- Now the application will ask you to save chrome extension file, just give it the location where you want to save.
- Run the application now to begin installation process.
- The other important thing to remember is that the app is totally cross-platform supported. Hence, you can control any computer running on any operation system. The only thing is that both computers need to have only a Chrome Remote Desktop BETA app installed.
Furthermore, you can also enable remote connection on your computer to connect that will help you to connect with your computer from a remote system. You just have to enable remote connection and to set a pin, which will be asked each time when you want to connect with your computer.
I hope that you will like my tutorial, if so? Please comment and if you have any better option than this Application you may also share it with me on Gadgets Informer.