The most used social networking platform WhatsApp has now officially confirmed voice calling feature. Now WhatsApp for Blackberry 10 is officially available, after its successful launch for Android and iOS devices. Now the Blackberry users are able to make voice calls to their friends for free by updating the latest WhatsApp version 126.96.36.199.
The news was revealed that WhatsApp voice calling feature had made available for Blackberry 10 along with Android devices but only for selective users. But now, the news has been confirmed that the feature is available for all. Blackberry 10 users can now make VoIP calls over Wi-Fi connection. WhatsApp’s new update has also added a new search option that will let its users to search for messages, chats and contacts. Users can add new WhatsApp contact and can set a specific ringtone for WhatsApp calling.
Following are some more features this new update brings:
- WhatsApp Calling: Call your friends and family using WhatsApp for free, even if they’re in another country. WhatsApp calls use your phone’s Internet connection rather than your cellular plan’s voice minutes. Data charges may apply*
- You can now instantly search for individual messages, chats and contacts just by tapping the search action from the chats list. (Note: It may take a few days before this feature is available to you.)
- Added “Add to Contacts” context actions to the chats list (for chats with unknown contacts) and to the group info screen (for unknown group participants)
- Added counts to the Favs/Groups/Contacts tabs when pulling down the list past the beginning
- Added year/month subdirectories for received pictures, and WhatsApp-specific subdirectories for received audio and video
- Added custom ringtone selection for incoming WhatsApp calls (Settings, Notification Settings, Call notifications)
- Miscellaneous fixes and updates
You can download the latest WhatsApp version v188.8.131.52 from Blackberry World. Keep it in your mind if you are a beta user then you will have to delete your beta version before installing the official application.