Here you’ll know how to force update Windows 10 in your desktop PC / Laptop. Microsoft today launched its latest Windows 10 package with a lot of fanfare. The launch is going down across 190 countries, and Windows 10 will start running on the choose PCs from these days.
The Windows 10 is being delivered on first come first serve basis to the users who had already registered for it. If you’ve got not registered for the Windows corporate executive program and own a Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 PC/Laptop, so here is how to force your computer to manually transfer and update your Windows 7/8.1 to Windows 10 PC/Laptop.
First of all enabled the auto update Windows Update feature in your Win 7/8.1 computer if you’ve got shut it off for any reason.
Note: If the “Windows Update” check box is already checked then leave as it is.
Second Procedure to Enable Auto-Update:
- Open Windows Update by swiping in from the right edge of the screen (or, if you’re using a mouse, pointing to the lower-right corner of the screen and moving the mouse pointer up), tapping and clicking Settings, tapping or clicking change computer settings, and then tapping or clicking Update and recovery.
- Tap or click select how updates get installed.
- Under vital updates, select the choice that you simply need.
- Under important updates, select the give me the recommended updates the same way I receive important updates check box.
- Under Microsoft Update, select the offer Pine Tree State updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows check box, and then click Apply.
- Once you have got enabled the Windows Update in your PC/Laptop open the Command Prompt in Administrator mode.
To start a command prompt as an administrator (alternative method)
- Click Start
- In the Start Search box, type cmd, then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.
- If the User Account Control dialogue box appears, ensure that the action it displays is what you wish, and then Click Continue.
- Once you have opened the Command Prompt enter the following command: wuauclt.exe/updatenow.
- It should trigger the Windows 10 transfer.
- Now come back to the Windows Update and click on “Check for updates” on the left hand side.
- Your Windows PC/Laptop should say “Checking for updates…”
- When it is downloaded, sit back and follow the online instructions.
Now, your are the owner of Microsoft’s latest Windows 10 PC.